Cincinnati Squash Academy - Full Time
The Cincinnati Squash Academy (CSA) is a sports & education nonprofit that uses the game of squash to help transform talented students in under-resourced communities into scholar-athletes and future leaders with character on the path to and through college. CSA provides year-round support in the following areas: academics, athletics, cultural exposure, community service, and mentorship. CSA is part of a national network of urban squash programs that exist across the country under the umbrella of the Squash & Education Alliance.
The Academic Coordinator is responsible for creating, delivering, and overseeing the educational portion of our youth development program. By building strong relationships with students, families, and school partners, the Coordinator will provide holistic support to help students stay on track to achieve their post-secondary goals.
The ideal candidate will start full-time in July 2021.
Note: This position does not require any previous knowledge of, or experience playing, squash.
The Ideal Candidate:
The Cincinnati Squash Academy is looking for an early career, energetic individual who is passionate about youth development and educational equity. This person should have an innovative approach to work, an entrepreneurial spirit, and be eager to take ownership of the academic program while understanding the pros & cons of working in a nimble nonprofit.
- Lead the after-school academic tutoring program for 4th-12th grade students.
- Build meaningful and lasting relationships with students, teachers, families, and volunteers and contribute to our sense of community and family-feel.
- Track and evaluate individual student attendance, grades, and comprehension to create and implement plans for academic improvement.
- Design and implement enrichment curriculum during the school year and over breaks, including planning and leading summer camp academic activities and field trips.
- Utilize our program management software to track all student data.
- Facilitate ACT test prep through the Winward Academy platform and work with college access/career counselor to ensure high school students are on the pathway for success to transition into college or a career following high school graduation.
- Manage and train volunteer tutors to provide small-group and 1v1 tutoring during academic sessions.
- Manage/develop our school partnerships, including relationships with teachers and communicate frequently with teachers about student progress, behavior, and assignments.
- Manage/develop partnerships with other organizations for scholarship opportunities and enrichment opportunities, and oversee application processes for outside opportunities.
- Assist students and families with navigating high school choice and private school application process; manage related deadlines and documentation
- Communicate frequently with and engage parents/guardians about student performance, upcoming field trips, and opportunities.
- Act as an ambassador for the organization and assist with development events and stewardship as needed
- Work as a team with other staff members and be willing to help others
- School Year: Monday-Friday 10am to 6pm, with occasional Saturday field trips (up to 1x per month) and 2-3 out of town trips per year.
- Summer: Monday-Friday 9am to 5pm
- Opportunities for remote work outside of direct programming hours.
RequirementsQualifications & Skills: While no one person will embody all the qualities enumerated below, the ideal candidate will possess many of the following professional and personal abilities, attributes, and experiences
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in youth education, teaching, and/or counseling
- Comfort tutoring and supporting students’ academic development
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from a variety of backgrounds
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Thrives in a collaborative and fast-paced environment
- Self-motivated, proactive, and willing to "roll up sleeves" to execute on day-to-day activities
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and driver record check
- Competitive salary ($42,000 to $48,000), commensurate with experience
- Generous benefits package: health, dental, and vision coverage; PTO policy (2 weeks in December, 1 week in March, 10 flex days, and most national holidays)
- To Apply: Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three references to our hiring committee at the following email address: email@example.com.