Jewish Federation of Cincinnati - Full Time/Part Time
This Administrative Assistant position supports the overall Operations, Fundraising and Development, Community Building, and JCRC departments of the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati. This position reports to the Chief of Staff. This position supports various departmental database needs including Executive, Development, Community Building and JCRC, and also prepares reports, statistical determinations, receiving visitors, arranging conference calls, scheduling executive meetings, handling information requests and performing clerical functions such as preparing correspondence, meeting and retreat coordination and preparation, handling expense reimbursements and bills/invoices, and project management.
- Answer phone calls and direct calls to appropriate parties or take messages, as appropriate
- Serve as primary administrative support for Chief of Staff and JCRC
- Assist in managing information of hundreds of donors and volunteers, while working as part of a team and interacting with the entire staff of the Jewish Federation
- Heavy usage with using Blackbaud Database (Compass)
- Maintain accurate records and responsible for inputting data into unique Jewish Federation database (Blackbaud)
- Responsible for preparing monthly expenses reports and managing on-line credit card expense for multiple departments and executives
- Responsible for preparing for meetings including agendas, minutes and other material development, preparation, compilation, copying and distribution, as well as room, food and beverage orders and set up.
- Responsible for assisting with a variety of department meetings as required including scheduling of meeting rooms, set-up, agendas, minutes, attendance, refreshments and food, and other related tasks
- Scheduling meetings with volunteers and professionals
- Assist in scheduling staff events, meetings, retreats as needed including day of logistics and organizing
- Sort, track, and mail out flyers to donors.
- Troubleshoot, maintain, and arrange for service of copiers, and other office equipment
- Sort mail daily
- Responsible for various correspondence and formatting reports
- File and retrieve corporate documents, records and reports.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- Make travel arrangements for executives.
- Meeting preparation (assist in the development, preparation, compilation, copying and distribution of meeting materials), as well as room, food and beverage orders and set up.
- Coordination and ownership of all logistics and needs for all retreats and organizational meetings
- Coordination/ordering and logistics of meeting lunches.
- Type reports, memos, letters and other materials and documents using Word, PowerPoint and Excel relevant computer software
- Greet visitors and determine whether they should be given access to specific individuals.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions and reports to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email
- Project management and other duties as assigned.
- Experienced administrator with strong office and project management skills
- Strong computer skills which include Microsoft Office (Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Experience using databases or CRMs is preferred
- Pleasant disposition
- Critical thinking is essential
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of assigned projects and duties
- Ability to multitask effectively, prioritize project responsibilities, and meet deadlines
- Consistent attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills
- Experience organizing and supporting events, including but not limited to handling of all logistics
- Experience working with databases and budget reports
- This job requires professionalism, a team player, a positive attitude and a proven ability to work with passion, excitement, and enthusiasm. A willingness to occasionally work overtime and help facilitate some evening meetings
- Background in project management preferred