Wise Temple - Full Time
The Administrative Assistant position requires strong communication skills, both verbal and written. A successful applicant will have a willingness and desire to learn and to create efficiencies of work, be a strong multi-tasker and extremely organized. Candidate must be comfortable with database software, PowerPoint, spreadsheets, and word processing. Tasks will require analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent listening skills. This position is full-time and requires work on Sundays when religious school (our Sunday School which meets from 9:15 – 11:45) is in session. During the 30 weeks annually when religious school is in session, one weekday is taken as a day off. Candidate must be able to self-start and take initiative.
Specific responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Consistent interaction with temple members, religious school teachers and others, in person, on the phone and through email, as a face of the religious school and the rabbis
- Responding to parents, teachers, students on Sunday mornings during religious school and developing warm working relationships with them
- Registration and class assignments for religious school
- Working with teachers to order supplies, get substitutes, process payroll
- Preparing and/or formatting documents and spreadsheets using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Updating database and generating reports
- Working with PowerPoint, Doodle Poll, Signup Genius, Constant Contact, Zoom, Survey Monkey
- Correspondence and other rabbinic and/or other staff support
- Appointment scheduling and calendar oversight
- Other tasks as needed
Qualifications, including but not limited to:
- Excellent MS Office skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels within a complex organization that values personal relationships
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Quick learner with interest in learning new programs and processes
- Compassion, empathy, and excellent listening skills
- Desire to learn and share knowledge with office colleagues and support a team
- Comfortable asking for help
- Calm under pressure
- Ability to prioritize varied workload
- Willingness to be flexible
- Patience/good judgment with people
- Minimum three years’ experience in administrative work
Competitive salary with paid holidays and vacation.
Employment contingent upon successfully passing a background check.
Please send resume to Sally Schott at email@example.com.