Temple Sholom - Part Time
Temple Sholom Cincinnati is searching for a part-time administrative assistant, working in partnership with the clergy and staff to pursue our mission and vision.
Who We Are:
At Temple Sholom we welcome all people: seekers, interfaith families, and those in search of a spiritual home. Believing it is our role as a faith community to embolden individuals and families to embrace Jewish practice and learning in their lives so that they may in turn go out and make this world a better place. We nurture spiritual growth through a Jewish lens. Understanding that we are part of a long tradition of social justice, caring for others, prayer, questioning, and spiritual fulfillment.
Who You Are:
Have an understanding of Judaism and Jewish organizations. You enjoy a relaxed work environment, engaging closely with your colleagues. Have a basic understanding of Microsoft & Google Docs. Enjoy engaging with the public.
The Job Responsibilities:
- Being the primary contact person in the reception area providing administrative support to congregants.
- Help coordinate new member applications in ShulCloud, Pastoral Reach & weekly email
- Support the email/texting communication needs of the Temple including weekly email
- Execute various tasks related to bookkeeping and CRM software
- Monitor donations and provide thank you notes for donations to the Temple
- Manage yahrzeit reminders and scheduling
- Provide general programmatic and administrative support.
- Coordinate birthday notices; gifts for Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, confirmation & college.
- Assist with the planning of the fundraising, social, and ritual events throughout the year including High Holidays.
- Contact congregants to light Shabbat candles, serve as greeter/usher, and other related activities
- Implementation of streaming services to the website & Facebook
The administrative assistant reports to & takes direction from the Executive Director and takes guidance from the Rabbis
This is an hourly position at $15 - $20 per hour, for 20 – 25 hours per week. You also will be with eligible for health insurance, 2 weeks paid vacation and a flexible schedule