Mayerson JCC - Part Time
The Mayerson JCC provides the Jewish and secular communities of Greater Cincinnati with resources, facilities, and programs which enhances their physical, intellectual and social lives. With a state-of-the-art fitness center, award-winning early childhood and senior centers, top arts and cultural events and classes for every age, the JCC connects, enriches and inspires over 27,000 visitors per month. The JCC welcomes everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability.
The Afternoon Enrichment Assistant is responsible for aiding in the implementation and development of children’s classes. This includes but is not limited to supporting Enrichment teachers, assisting with small tasks before and during class, and creating and leading Enrichment classes for Early Childhood School children. These classes range from Math, Art, and Phonics, to Floor Hockey, Yoga, and more. The hours will primarily be Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm with occasional prep work done beforehand.
- Support Afternoon Enrichment teachers
- Assist, develop, and implement Afternoon Enrichment classes for the Early Childhood School children.
- Be encouraging with positive child development, and providing a safe and healthy environment for children of the Afternoon Enrichment program.
- High School Diploma required
- Experience working with youth preferred but not required
- Comfortable leading activities for youth ages 3-5
- Takes initiative in developing and implementing new programs
- Ability to be flexible in an ever-changing environment
- Strong listening skills and an understanding of adolescents
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills
- The successful candidate must show proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 (either complete single dose or complete two step dose) by date of hire.”