WLWT Hearst Television - Full Time
|WLWT, the Hearst Television owned NBC affiliate, is searching for a versatile Morning Traffic and Breaking News Anchor. This position calls for a good storyteller who has excellent on-air presence and communication skills. WLWT News 5 Today is the most watched morning show in Cincinnati. We need someone on our team who is skillful at covering breaking news in the studio and getting our viewers to work on time. This position involves a commanding presence on-air, but also on social media. The right candidate should be an accurate, ethical, compelling storyteller with a team attitude.
- Knowledge and experience with the station’s traffic system.
- Must be a self-starter and able to ad lib in breaking news situations.
- Have excellent computer and social media skills.
- Must be familiar with street and highway names and directions.
- Must be energetic and creative and work well with others.
- Must work quickly and efficiently.
- Excellent writing and packaging skills.
- Can deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent work experience