Mayerson JCC - Full Time
The Mayerson JCC connects people so that they can live happier and fuller lives, creating a more vibrant Jewish community. The JCC helps to foster social connections between its members and guests alike, bringing people together through a wide variety of programs and events. With an expansive fitness center, highly regarded early childhood and senior centers, top arts and cultural events, and classes for every age, the JCC connects, enriches, and inspires over 27,000 visitors per month. The JCC welcomes everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability.
The Associate Teacher, working with children 6 weeks to 5 years old, will be responsible for providing an environment that is positive, individualized, and cohesive to learning and encourages fun through play and exploration.
- Implement curriculum and activities which promote stimulation, learning, and fun.
- Create a warm, fun and nurturing environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom.
- Participate in all activities with children.
- Assist with activity planning and preparation of materials and supplies for daily use.
- Ensure compliance with licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
- Update portfolios and provide support when needed.
- Verify that parents are receiving correct information.
- Foster positive communication with parents through in-person conversation and/or email.
- Exhibit good judgment, maturity, and stability.
- Assist in any classroom in order to be in ratio when needed.
- Be highly mobile and physically able to easily engage in activities like standing for long periods, walking, bending, stooping, and sitting.
- Offer support to the classroom teachers during the lunch time hour.
- Provide customer-oriented service at all times by responding quickly to needs, smiling, being approachable and meeting commitments.
- Support the goals and values of the Mayerson JCC and ECS.
- Remain flexible in rapidly changing environment.
- Education and Experience
- A degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent a plus.
- Maintain First Aid and CPR Certifications; Communicable Disease Training and Child Abuse Training.
- Keep abreast of current research and practices in early childhood education, and attend related trainings, workshops, and conferences.
- Attend mandatory professional development sessions, teacher meetings and family events.
- Versed with various educational areas such as music, art, science, literacy, mathematics, language development and physical development.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
"The successful candidate must show proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 (either complete single dose or complete two step dose) by date of hire.”