Children's Home of Cincinnati - Internship
We are a private, nonprofit organization and a leading provider of education and mental health treatment for children facing significant social, behavioral and learning challenges. Since 1864, The Children's Home of Cincinnati has provided services and programs that transform the lives of children and their families.
Internships begin in January or August
Definition and Primary Objective:
Works under the close supervision of an independently licensed counselor or social worker, providing services to meet the individualized mental health needs of the children and families served. Performs a variety of functions in multiple settings, displaying an understanding of family dynamics, cultural preferences, and community environments. Delivers services to client and/or any other individual who will assist in the client’s mental health treatment.
- Direct Client Service
- Conducts agency based as well as community based individual, group, and family therapy. Develops treatment plans, formulates and facilitates intervention objectives to meet child’s and family’s needs.
- Evaluates progress of each client, while providing coordination and/or assistance in crisis management and stabilization as needed.
- Provides a comprehensive and complete diagnostic assessment of each child referred for mental health service,
- Makes specific efforts to incorporate an awareness of culturally diverse populations through an understanding of the nuances of an individual and family’s cultural frame of reference.
- Completes all required documentation including but not limited to progress notes, service plans, discharge summaries, and other reports as required
- Internal and External Collaboration
- Consults and collaborates with internal as well as external resources on behalf of the client and family.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of community resources. Maintains updated information regarding juvenile justice, human services, health, mental health, legal and educational/vocational systems of care.
- Quality Assurance and Effectiveness
- Delivers interventions based on best practice models.
- Attends agency trainings or professional seminars/conferences as required or necessary in order to increase professional knowledge and skill base.
RequirementsMinimum Education, Experience and Other Skill Requirements:
This position requires current enrollment in a Master’s degree program in Social Work Counseling or related field at an accredited college or university. Certification (CT or SWT) required.
Must possess minimum technical skills including familiarity with Microsoft Windows and ability to use standard Microsoft Office applications.
IndustriesInternship, Nonprofit - Social Services, Social Services, Social Work
Tagssocial services, social work