Mayerson JCC - Full Time
WHO WE ARE
The Mayerson JCC connects people so that they can live happier and fuller lives, creating a more vibrant Jewish community. The JCC helps to foster social connections between its members and guests alike, bringing people together through a wide variety of programs and events. With an expansive fitness center, highly regarded early childhood school and senior center, arts and cultural events offered throughout the year, and classes for every age, the JCC connects, enriches, and inspires over 27,000 visitors per month. The JCC welcomes and engages everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability.
Under the supervision of the Facility Supervisor the Building Services Attendant is responsible for smooth and efficient operation of Locker Rooms and cleaning of assigned spaces. All general and specific duties appropriate to the assigned areas are the direct responsibility of this position. This position will be required to assist with other building operation duties as needed.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
- Adheres to the Mayerson JCC standards for customer service.
- Refers customer problems or complaints to supervisor according to Mayerson JCC customer problem resolution policy.
- Administer to customers’ needs ensuring that supplies are available and facilities are kept clean and in safe condition at all times.
- Ensures safety of customers by showing them proper use of facilities; monitor customer use of facilities, ensuring that customers do not endanger themselves with overuse of facilities (i.e., steam room, sauna, etc.)
- Ensures safety of customers by enforcing safety guidelines and Mayerson JCC policies.
- Monitors and maintains steam room, notifies Building Services when facilities need servicing. Cleans and sanitizes steam room nightly.
- Collects soiled linens. Transports soiled linens to laundry. Washes and dries linens. Folds and stores clean linens for use. Restocks all towels in Locker Rooms and appropriate areas.
- Distributes and places linens in spa rooms and closets.
- Collects soiled J Plus clothing. Washes and dries clothing. Folds and stores clean clothing for member until next use.
- Cleans and sanitizes all wet areas, bathrooms, and grooming areas throughout the day and night.
- Maintains Fitness Area by performing periodic audits and cleaning and sanitizing as necessary.
- Cleans group exercise studio floors and mirrors. Vacuum all carpet and clean all floors throughout the day and night.
- Monitor and react to emergencies.
- Assists staff with lifting and storing equipment, furniture and products to help maintain the facility.
- Assists staff with duties related to seasonal activities as needed.
- Pick up litter and debris as necessary.
- Maintain courteous and polite relations with the public and employees. Develop and maintain good customer service skills.
- Follow all recommended safety, health and hygiene procedures, including chemical use, while performing job duties.
- Maintain security awareness at all times and to report any concerns to the senior members of staff on duty.
- Follow JCC Manual guidelines and rules related to conduct at all times.
- Maintain personal appearance and physical cleanliness at approved level. Maintain uniform in neat, orderly fashion.
- Perform any and all other duties as assigned by Director of Building Operations and/or Facility Supervisor.
- Actively promote a positive image of yourself and the Mayerson JCC at all times through friendliness and good customer service.
- Assist with Set ups of meetings and other guest service duties as needed .
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Excellent customer service skills and strong work ethic
- Good written, oral, and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively, and able to handle a variety of duties simultaneously.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and motivational with professional manner, discretion and appearance.
- Must receive an acceptable background check.
- Must be able to lift 25 pounds.
- Must be alert to safety hazards to ensure customer safety.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Talent Management & Professional Development programs and learning opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match and additional contribution opportunities
- Complimentary family membership to the Mayerson JCC Fitness Center
- Discounts to the onsite Café, Spa, and other programs and services
- F.S.A, Employer Matched H.S.A, Life Insurance, Voluntary Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 529 College Savings Plan, Legal Shield plan
- Notable Paid Time Off: 15 days vacation, 12 days of sick, in addition to paid Jewish and federal holidays
- Business casual dress
- Vibrant and collaborative work environment
"The successful candidate must show proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 (either complete single dose or complete two step dose) by date of hire.”