Cincinnati Northern Kentucky Airport - Full Time
DescriptionResponsible for directing and supporting sourcing activities in the acquisition of goods and services. May review purchase orders and coordinate the sale or other disposition of surplus assets.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
- Focusing on the best value for KCAB, performs sourcing activities for areas/departments of responsibility consisting of processing requisitions, obtaining written and verbal quotes, interviewing sales reps, analyzing market conditions, negotiating with suppliers, analyzing quotes, selecting suppliers, creating and issuing purchase orders, resolving supplier issues, and creating and maintaining appropriate records.
- For areas of responsibility, publishes, issues, and evaluates Invitations to Bid, Requests for Proposal, and Requests for Quotes via the electronic bidding system. This includes: preparing and releasing the final solicitation, preparing and leading pre-solicitation meetings/site visits, facilitating questions and answers, reviewing submissions, facilitating evaluation, conducting pre-award conferences, and assisting staff to complete justification for approval.
- Facilitates the complete procurement process through award and approval for assigned solicitations and ensures compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Drafts, reviews, interprets, and negotiates agreements, amendments, and extensions in support of a variety of business transactions. Processes contract documents for routing and execution.
- Works with Supply Chain department to determine best suppliers, develop and maintain effective relationships with vendors, and secure pricing for areas of responsibility.
- Process daily automatic reordering (i.e., min/max) requisitions.
- Creates part numbers and maintains Master Parts File.
- May review purchase orders created by other Buyers and approve or forward for appropriate approval limits established by KCAB.
- Reconciles and resolves issues related to purchasing orders.
- Monitors and follows up on past due purchase orders and assists Finance with invoicing issues. Performs supplier liaison work, reviews order status communicates with suppliers, reconciles shipping errors, and secures return authorizations when required.
- Meet regularly with contract managers and department staff within the areas of responsibility to establish and maintain good working relationships and to promote the activities of the Contract & Procurement Administration department.
- May serve as KCAB subject matter expert for procurement-related functions for EAMS working group and as an information resource in the use of Oracle, Infor, and electronic bidding systems.
- Serves as backup for buying responsibilities for areas/departments assigned to others.
- May facilitate the transfer of surplus equipment between departments and the sale or trade-in of equipment being upgraded through asset dispensation/utilization.
- Prepares and maintains various reports as required.
- May serve as the Departmental Records Management Officer.
- May be responsible for all contract management activities as documented in KCAB Policy 1014, Contract Management.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
RequirementsTRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field to the area of assignment and five years of related experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above. Continue to develop personal and technical knowledge through ongoing and active learning.
- Maintain Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) clearance.
- Obtain/maintain position appropriate NIMS and emergency training.
- Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations governing public procurement and contracting.
- Procurement policies and practices.
- Clearly and effectively communicating, negotiating, and advocating, both orally and in writing;
- Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative, and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams, and workgroups.