Mayerson JCC - Full Time
The Mayerson JCC provides the Jewish and secular communities of Greater Cincinnati with resources, facilities, and programs, which enhance their physical, intellectual, and social lives. With a state-of-the-art fitness center, award-winning early childhood and senior centers, top arts and cultural events, and classes for every age, the JCC connects, enriches, and inspires over 27,000 visitors per month. The JCC welcomes everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability.
We are seeking a personable and organized individual to fill the café associate position. The café associate is responsible for executing daily operations at the J Café. This includes, but is not limited to, food and drink preparation and service, maintaining café cleanliness, and delivering the highest level of customer service possible.
All foods are kosher, and food handling procedures consistent with kosher practices will be followed. Prior knowledge of kosher practices is not required. Training and instruction will be provided on an ongoing basis.
This position would require candidates to work a total of 3 days per week: Mondays, Wednesdays, and Sundays. Mondays and Wednesdays 8:00am-4:00pm and Sunday’s 9:00am-3:00pm to make and prepare made-to-order omelets in front of members.
- Demonstrates an excellent and professional customer service demeanor at all times
- Arrives at work on time, ready, and prepared for every shift including proper dress and a smile
- Executes customer transactions with Point of Sale software
- Follows up with customers to ensure all needs are being met
- Communicates all pertinent information and customer feedback to Food Service Manager in a timely fashion
- Ensures all food and beverages are prepared and served consistently, accurately, and in a timely manner
- Maintains the cleanliness and order of the J Cafe
- Follows the Health Department requirements and standards and food safety, sanitation, and other health code guidelines
- Responsible for keeping an accurate inventory as well as a stock of all food and beverage items
- Follows daily and weekly operational duties
- Demonstrates passion for food and beverage service by sharing product knowledge accurately and enthusiastically
- Accepts direction and constructive criticism as a guidance and an opportunity to grow and develop
- Assist Food Services Manager with daily food preparation in main kitchens and delivery of catering meals
- Performs opening, closing, weekly deep-cleaning, and other duties as assigned
- Maintains professionalism when not assisting customers: avoids cell phone use, eating, sitting, reading, watching TV, or any other activities that are not work-related
- Hours of operation for the café are from 7:00 am-6:30 pm Monday – Thursday 7:00 – 3:00, Friday ,and 10:30- 3:30 Sunday
- A minimum of one year of food service experience,
- Kosher experience preferred
- Demonstrates effective communication skills (both verbal and written) with emphasis on customer service
- Experience with implementing systems and processes to ensure efficient operations
- Effective problem solving skills
- Effective team player
- Ability to operate a computer-based point of sale system
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs
- Must be able to work Sundays and Mornings/early afternoons
- Ability to interact with members on Sunday’s and prepare made-to-order omelets in public setting