JVS Career Services - Full Time
DescriptionJVS Career Services, an organization that helps job seekers find employment and provides recruiting, outplacement and executive coaching services to employers, is hiring a Career Coach for a full time position. The Career Coach assists clients in executing an effective job search working with them both individually and in small groups. Develops and maintains relationships with clients, employers and other community members for networking purposes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Educates clients by reviewing job leads, teaching resume writing techniques, reviewing interviewing, networking and application processes.
• Assists clients with resume and cover letter development.
• Conducts client interviews to obtain work history, assess skills, education and job goals.
• Consults clients regarding assessment of skills, abilities & interests; how to focus a job search; networking, developing leads & cold calling; utilizing different application methods; interview follow-up; and overcoming obstacles in obtaining and retaining employment.
• Provides ongoing support to clients during job search on a regular basis, face to face, Zoom, phone or email contact.
• Leads career services webinars and workshops on job searching topics.
• Keeps accurate records by writing, completing and maintaining required documentation including case notes, monthly reports, in take forms on each client.
• Refers clients to other community resources to help them engage in a more effective job search.
• Maintains confidentiality of client files and other sensitive subject matter.
• Designs and teaches assigned classes and makes presentations related to Job Search and activities of JVS Career Services.
• Maintains knowledge in current techniques used in job search including the use of Social Networking and online job searches.
• Maintains professional relationships with volunteers and employers for the purpose of networking.
• Participates in online presence of JVS Career Services. This includes, but is not limited to responsibilities related to maintenance of data on web site and LinkedIn.
• Writes and submits articles for publication by local online and traditional media as required.
• Enters data into client, Salesforce in a timely manner.
• Maintains current client and past client records (electronically) by closing files, client files and case documents.
• Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works outside of normal schedule as needed to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Requirements• Bachelor’s Degree with 3 or more years of career services experience.
• General principles and methods of leading a job search
• Experience using technology including computers, software applications and programs including Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to work independently demonstrating initiative.
• Exhibit flexibility in work schedule and job tasks.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with associates, supervisors, job contacts and general public.
• Maintain accurate and complete work records in Salesforce.
• Comfortable presenting in front of a group.
• Excellent verbal and written communication; interviewing; coaching, motivational and promotional skills.