Mayerson JCC - Full Time
The Content Marketing Specialist will write, review and edit all marketing materials. This individual will coordinate social media activities for the organization. This role will work collaboratively with marketing department staff and employees from across the organization to promote agency goals and messages while maintaining and aligning with the organization’s mission. This person will play a pivotal role in integrated marketing campaigns ensuring consistency in voice and brand. The ideal candidate has a niche for communicating the JCC impact to many types of audiences including (but not limited to) the news media, donors, members and prospective members.
- Understand the goal, audience, and our mission to create effective and compelling copy.
- Research, write, edit and proof copy for all online, offline, external and internal needs, including blogs, press releases, ad copy and social media.
- Build and implement social media programs that ensure appropriate messaging is executed online, to support corporate goals, incorporating Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, etc.
- Work closely with colleagues across the organization to develop and post content to social networking sites.
- Monitor social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommend actions/next steps to internal and external stakeholders.
- Monitor the company's social media performance usage reports and tracking search engine results.
- Develop, manage and execute online marketing strategies, and social media campaigns to increase brand awareness, generate inbound traffic and engagement, and ultimately, improve member retention and acquisition.
- Identify write and distribute press releases, which can include conducting interviews and developing relevant story background, for distribution (and timely follow-up) to a broad range of traditional media and digital media outlets
- Degree in Journalism, PR, Communications, or related field
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience as a copywriter or social media coordinator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking
- Ability to handle the pressure of meeting tight deadlines
- Experience managing communications through website planning, management and production
- Experience with Hubspot and Wordpress preferred