Wise Temple - Full Time
Full time job available, in a great work environment. Under the supervision of the Facility Superintendent, the Custodian is responsible for cleaning, room set-ups and breakdowns, light maintenance and other housekeeping work as assigned.
• Set up and take down the furniture and equipment in the rooms as instructed on daily work orders
• Daily sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, moving of furniture, trash removal, removal of paper products
• Perform light maintenance cleaning, repairs, painting, replace missing ceiling tiles, change out light bulbs
• Perform the daily set ups for events and other special events
• Respond to emergency requests to clean up accidents, overflowing toilets, spills etc.
• Participate in snow and ice removal and treatment if needed
• Follow recommended safety procedures for yourself and the public in performing your job
• Utilize personal protective equipment when indicated
• Notify your supervisor of any problems you encounter such as a lack of necessary cleaning supplies or equipment, people interfering with the performance of your job, etc.
• Maintain orderliness and safety of all storage areas
• An interest and ability in performing housekeeping, set-up/tear down and light maintenance work
• Good English language skills to be able to read written room set up instructions and to communicate about set ups, special needs, and follow directions
• Ability to walk to various locations within the building and grounds and work primarily in a standing position
• Good attitude and willingness to work
• Physical ability to perform required responsibilities: must be able to lift 30 pounds
• Must wear prescribed attire and always present a clean and neat personal appearance
• Be polite and courteous to the public and to fellow employees
• Be willing to help others and complete any task assigned
• Must have car and be able to to travel between locations when necessary.
40 hours per week. Days and hours may vary. Some evening and weekend work will be required. Hours can be flexible if needed.
Must have reliable transportation.
Work will vary between Amberley Village and Downtown locations
Must be able to pass drug test and background check.