Jewish Home of Cincinnati - Full Time
The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati (“JFC”) ,the backbone Jewish organization, is hiring a Data Analyst. We welcome all cultural backgrounds and faiths including those of every socioeconomic status, race, gender, national background, sexual orientation, gender identity, and physical, mental, and developmental ability. Grounded in Jewish values, together with you, our volunteers, and partner organizations, we support the vulnerable, nurture connections with Israel and Jewish communities globally, and protect and energize Jewish life. We feed the hungry, comfort the sick, care for elderly, and educate our youth. We are your community’s organization problem-solvers and opportunity-makers, committed to ensuring the strength and quality of Jewish life for our children and our children’s children.
The Data Analyst plays a key role in analyzing and communicating key data and metrics to the JFC management team. This position also administers organization’s donor database using Blackbaud CRM database management system to organize and store data. Provide database support to all Federation Departments including Development, Community Building, Jewish Community Relations Council, Marketing, Safe Cincinnati and Shared Business Services Department. Support the end users and determine application data access requirements, statistical analysis and other pertinent data required to develop and maintain integrated database. The objective is to support the organizations strategic use of data to further goals and objectives related to donor, prospect and leadership development.
One key feature of this position is to be an internal trainer, providing effective instruction and good customer service so all staff in the organization are empowered to use our database to meet their professional responsibilities and the organization’s overall goals.
This position is an integral part of the Development Team and entire organization. Management of Database Specialist. Included in the role is serving as the face and voice of the organization coming in contact with donors/potential donors/lay leadership. In the position to “set the tone” for customer care. Temporarily reports to Chief Operating Officer.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
Analytics and Dashboards and Reporting:
- Provide Jewish Federation team with extensive analytics based on modeling and community trends.
- Work with Management and Development team to create dashboards to present and track metrics using our Blackbaud database
- Help JFC team optimize their performance using predictive modelling.
- Support Community Building team with researching trends and planning for community strategic planning.
Maintenance and Oversight:
- Ensure that data base information and coding is accurately maintained, easily accessible and updated throughout many departments.
- Input, maintain, update and report on organizational volunteer structures, including ongoing reports and e-communications as indicated.
- Manage and ensure the process for distributing pledge acknowledgements in coordination with Finance Department.
- Manage the oversight of constituent changes/new constituent additions including monitoring entry of new accounts, adding new donor information on donor accounts, mailing lists and involvements.
- Responsible for global changes, clean ups and database appending procedures.
- Work with supervisor and IT to ensure database security is maintained and updated as indicated.
Training and Team Support:
- Expertise in producing database queries.
- Assist Professionals in providing specific information for lay leaders.
- Maintain organization structures throughout the BBEC donor database
- With supervisor and IT, to access support through JFNA Help Desk and BB Support including on issues of performance and errors.
- Monitor database for functional use and availability of tools to optimize staff performance, i.e., security issues, KPIs, reports and queries, dashboards, etc.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and tracking a training program, furthering and maintaining the knowledge level of all staff on the use of the data base management system, including ongoing support as needed. This includes a program for new staff.
- Manage programmers and analysts to make adjustments to current reports and to create additional reports.
- In conjunction with co-workers, programmers, analysts and IT staff at JFNA, make the necessary changes to the database system.
- With supervisor, research, plan and implement future changes to database.