Mayerson Academy - Full Time
As the Development Director, you work very closely with the CEO to create an innovative development strategy and enjoy collaborating with colleagues across the organization to execute on that strategy. You have an established track record of success in development and possess exceptional capacity to build relationships, form partnerships, and develop effective systems for continuous improvement and growth within the development function. Known for your ability to see the big picture and to think divergently, you are also adept at attending to details. You are a hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced environment characterized by excellence, inclusion and belonging.
- Lead the conceptualization and implementation of the development strategy for the organization that includes, but is not limited to, a large sustained base of corporate and foundation partners and individual donors.
- Think entrepreneurially to identify and implement innovative approaches to fundraising, including events and other unique opportunities.
- Identify national opportunities for partnerships and RFPs relevant to program areas and establish an annual response calendar.
- Work closely with the CEO, and as appropriate, engage Board Members and staff for successful development strategy execution.
- Ensure efficient, cohesive, communication across the organization regarding development activities, installing appropriate systems as required that track communications, proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Seek to continuously improve the organization by identifying and implementing best practices and improving internal systems with an eye toward future needs and budget realities.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5 years or more in development leadership.
- Clear evidence of successful fund raising with corporations, foundations and individual donors.
- Experience implementing CRM systems and processes.
- Robust network of relationships with the local business and philanthropic community.
- Knowledge of national funding opportunities relevant to program areas.
- Familiarity with CRM and other office software applications.
- Capacity to lead positively and productively at the strategic and tactical level with a solutions orientation and skills to manage competing demands.
- Evidence of divergent thinking to create innovative solutions.
- Team player who genuinely values working with colleagues and embodies ourorganizational values and has a commitment to our organizational purpose.
- Experience in diverse, inclusive organizations that live the highest standards for equity.
- Flexibility, perseverance and a sense of humor under pressure are a significant plus!