Living Arrangements for the Developmentally Disabled - Full Time/Part Time
LADD is an organization guided by the belief that all people have ability and value. We are a compassionate and driven team that creatively works together to empower adults with developmental disabilities to live, work and connect. Our work propels inclusion, fosters success and inspires others to see strength in diversity.
We are looking for candidates who want to make the world a better place, while enjoying stable employment with a supportive team focused on each employee’s growth and development. We are looking to fill several Direct Support Professional (DSP) roles open with a variety of shifts—both part-time and full-time. As a DSP, you will work to develop a positive and supportive relationship with the adults we serve by assisting them with goal setting, informed decision making, carrying out daily responsibilities and community exploration.
We provide on-the-job training (both formal and hands-on) so you will be able to execute the following essential job functions for the individuals we serve:
- Ensure their safety and assist them with self-advocacy, including but not limited to identifying, preventing, and reporting situations of abuse, exploitation, neglect, and other adverse events
- Assist them to obtain needed services, support, and resources
- Work closely with an individual’s family members and/or guardians in planning and providing services
- Provide timely and accurate documentation of services
- High school diploma/GED
- Have a valid driver’s license (with less than 5 points)
- Pass a background check (includes physical and a drug screen, and criminal check)
- Have reliable personal transportation (with proof of insurance)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (including evenings, weekends, and holidays