Jewish Federation of Cincinnati - Full Time
The Director of Fundraising Operations will work within the Financial Resource Development (FRD) Department and will be responsible for identifying, cultivating and developing donors and leaders and connecting them to the organized Jewish community. This team member will be responsible for overseeing several of the operations within the Development Team as well as the Donor Relationship Management Program (50% time). The Director of Fundraising Operations reports to the Chief Development Officer and Managing Director and oversees the Campaign Director.
Donor Relationship Management (DRM):
- Donor Relationship Managers are assigned to oversee, cultivate, solicit and steward individual donors on behalf of JFC.
- The Director of Fundraising Operations will serve as the Donor Relationship Management Coordinator and will manage the DRM system, operations and accountability to ensure that everything is running smoothly and that DRM’s have the information needed to succeed.
- The coordinator will:
- Meet with DRMs on a regular basis to provide content, communicate priorities, discuss donors and check in.
- Provide a tracking tool to DRMs and managers to help professional team evaluate top prospects and stewardship plans.
- Communicate supplemental giving priorities and opportunities and ensure that important information regarding the Annual Campaign and planned giving (is communicated.
- Communicate important information to DRMs.
- The Director of Fundraising Operations will create a system for checking in with all donors on a regular basis and provide assistance in sharing resources and communication with donors.
- The Director of Fundraising Operations will oversee the Federation’s giving societies and will determine the appropriate level of events and benefits for each society.
- Serve as the lead professional on marketing for the FRD Team. Work closely with the Jewish Federation Marketing team and FRD colleagues to prioritize the department’s needs.
- Oversee the operations for the Development team in the ordering of lists from the CRM and the organization of processes.
- Supervise the Annual Campaign Team and serve as a manager within the FRD team.
- Personally manage a portfolio of 50-100 donors and prospects, meeting with at least 8 individuals face to face, per month.
- Empower and develop current and future lay leaders so that they feel a high degree of ownership, involvement and responsibility toward fulfillment of the Federation mission
- Serve in a leadership role on cross-division initiatives as required, working collaboratively with colleagues across the organization including but not limited to Planned Giving and Endowment, Community Building and Jewish Community Relations Council.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 7-10 years of experience in fundraising, marketing, sales, business development or significant involvement in the Jewish community.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, meticulous attention to detail and follow-up.
- Self-starter with demonstrated ability to set goals, tasks and timetables and manage workflow.
- Must be organized, detailed and have ability to multi-task.
- Entrepreneurial, can-do attitude.
- Some early morning meetings, evenings and weekend meetings and events are required.
- Ability to work in and build strong collaborative team, both internally and externally.
- Commitment to the mission of the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati and knowledge of Jewish customs and practices.