UMC Food Ministry - Full Time
UMC Food has grown steadily over the past decade and is now looking for a food service professional to contribute to our mission of feeding children wholesome meals. This is an opportunity for a motivated professional to join our team and participate in the continued growth and development of our highly respected organization.
The Director of Kitchens oversees all operational functions at the nine UMC Food Ministry kitchens in the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky area. The position reports to the COO.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Oversight of kitchen managers in their responsibilities.
- Regular visits to kitchens to support, equip, train and mentor kitchen managers and kitchen staff.
- Identification and prompt correction of problems within a kitchen.
- Creation of monthly menus for all of the programs served.
- Supervision of the monthly inventory process in each kitchen.
- Assessing staffing needs in kitchens and recommending staff additions or changes.
- Recommending equipment replacement and upgrades as needed.
- Recommending addition of new kitchens as the need arises
- Develops proper and efficient delivery routes for all kitchens to meal sites.
- A high school diploma.
- Multiple years of experience supervising kitchens.
- Experience supervising employees from various backgrounds and skill levels.
- Experience with the National School Lunch Program rules on the creation of school menus is a plus.
- Able to work well in a team; is desirous to foster a sense of community in staff situations.
- Works well with people, elicits trust from others.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented. Able to develop systems and processes to improve organization.
- Understanding and experience in running a kitchen with hands-on experience.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, up-to-date car insurance and a reliable vehicle.
- Must pass a thorough background and driving record check.