Nancy & David Wolf Holocaust & Humanity Center - Full Time
Specific Task Responsibilities
- Developing a comprehensive outreach strategy to engage Ohio & Kentucky school superintendents, principals, parents, educational stakeholders, and teachers to engage them in Holocaust and genocide education.
- Working with HHC staff to glean relevant education data from key gatekeepers in schools throughout Ohio & Kentucky.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships within school districts including administrators, boards of education and teachers throughout Ohio & Kentucky.
- Promoting HHC education programs, workshops, resources, and tours of the museum.
- Working with Ohio & Kentucky department of Education to be up on state standards and mandates
- Liaison with other Ohio Holocaust & Genocide outreach collaboratives
- Work with State Social Studies and ELA Conferences to showcase HHC initiatives
- Assisting with professional development for teachers in public, private, and independent schools, program evaluation and reporting.
- Assist with writing grants and grant reporting as it relates to the outreach teacher education program.
- Continuously evaluate the effectiveness and efficiency of the outreach program and adjust accordingly.
- Creating outreach database or spreadsheets to analyze reach and to report on various data to help maintain and strengthen outreach.
- Administrative tasks including, ability to measure event registration, updating outreach databases, assisting with tour group entry, and other duties as assigned.
- BA or BS in Education, History, Holocaust Studies, or Museum Education required, MA or MS and classroom teaching experience desired
- Knowledge of school curriculum content, pacing, resources, assessments, policies and procedures
- Knowledge of state education standards, and mandates
- Knowledge of current educational standards, trends, methodology and pedagogy
- Knowledge of State Continuing Education and continuing education credits educators need
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
- Strong history in sales, prospecting & cold calling
- Ability to think quickly in a conversation and answer unexpected questions with ease/resilient in the face of objections and rejection
- Knowledge of and comfort working with Ohio & Kentucky education system
- Knowledge of evaluative process to help measure success of programs and outreach
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills, and an ability to work productively with people of different backgrounds and perspectives.
- Knowledge of the role museums play in communities and schools
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of databases, excel spreadsheets