Health Collaborative - Full Time
DescriptionThe Emergency Response Support Specialist responsibilities will include supporting the Regional Healthcare Coordinator and the Readiness and Response Facilitator with training, planning, and daily operations of the Greater Cincinnati Disaster Preparedness Coalition, including ESF #8 functions. This role assists/manages administrative support for meeting coordination and situational awareness through newsletters and other communications. This role assists in response coordination and directly supports the coalition. The Health Collaborative certifies this position can be directly attributed to this grant.
- Provides administrative support for the Greater Cincinnati Disaster Preparedness Coalition.
- Coordinate and facilitate regional meetings to assure coordination and collaboration with multiple partners.
- Prepares for regional meetings, including creating agendas, developing presentation slide decks, printing handouts, setting up meeting space, setting up technology for remote attendance, etc.
- Compile meeting minutes and maintain documentation of strategies, activities and responsibilities.
- Serves as the backup to the Readiness & Response Facilitator and the Assistant Director, Emergency Response, as needed.
- Ensures proper use and protection of information assets by complying with the organization’s information privacy and security policies to protect assets from unauthorized access and by reporting any security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Present a positive service attitude toward internal and external customers
- Maintains confidentiality, HIPPA Compliance
- Works well independently or as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail required
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in meetings and in front of a computer screen
- Travel by car for meetings within driving distance and by plane for out-of-town meetings
- Lift and move light-weight items such as computer hardware, files, conference tables/chairs, and boxes of marketing materials, etc.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a clinical healthcare setting, preferably in emergency preparedness or response.
- Some post secondary education in a healthcare field
- Knowledge and experience with basic medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and medical equipment
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness frame work, preferred
- Completion of project management coursework (within 1 year of hire)