3CDC - Internship
Description3CDC is a private, non-profit, full-service, real estate development and finance organization focused on revitalizing Cincinnati’s urban core in partnership with the City of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati corporate community. 3CDC is currently seeking candidates for an Event Internship opportunity
The Event Intern offers high-level office support to the Event Coordinator. The Event Intern will be able to apply their education and skills and gain practical experience in the events industry. They will gain experience with all types of events from client intake to event execution. The Event Intern will work with members of the events and operations departments to assist in all aspects of daily event and programming execution. They will also perform administrative duties as needed.
- Facilitate smaller scale third party events at Fountain Square, Washington Park and Ziegler Park.
- Conduct research including finding potential events to recruit, competitive analysis of similar venues and pricing, rental marketing.
- Complete administrative tasks as assigned by Event Coordinator, including but not limited to:
- Process and file all paperwork regarding third-party permits.
- Process season pool pass applications.
- Create and process rental contracts for the Porch at Washington Park, the Fountain Square Ice Rink and Warming Tent.
- Assist in measuring, reporting and analyzing results of third-party events.
- Assist with 3CDC produced events and administrative duties as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
- Candidate in the process of earning a bachelors or associate degree from an accredited college or university in a related degree program is preferred.
- Career/academic goals of being involved in the event management field.
- Previous event planning and administrative experience preferred.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills and work habits.
- Self-motivated, focused, positive attitude, flexible and proactive.
- Solid time management skills; ability to handle multiple projects, meet deadlines, and function independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience in problem solving with ability to recognize issues and deal with them directly.
- Must be able to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality.
- Flexible with ability to work in a team setting supporting several people.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience with typical office equipment such as copiers, fax machines, projectors, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.