Mayerson JCC - Full Time
The Mayerson JCC Early Childhood School Floater rotates among infant, toddler, and preschool classes to provide support for teachers throughout the school. Floaters assist with the care and management of ECS classes and maintain the same classroom standards and practices as other ECS teachers. All ECS teachers and floaters subscribe to the Constructionist Theory—a student-centered, discovery learning approach through which students use information they already know to acquire more knowledge. The focus of this theory is on providing a loving and nurturing environment and implementing activities which promote stimulation, learning, and fun.
- Implement curriculum and activities which promote stimulation, learning, and fun.
- Rotate among ECS classes and provide support/coverage for teachers.
- Create a loving, warm, and nurturing environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom.
- Participate in all activities with children.
- Communicate verbally with co-teachers and/or parents at the beginning and end of the day, and also communicate effectively in writing on a regular basis.
- Assist with activity planning and preparation of materials and supplies for daily use.
- Ensure compliance with licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task effectively.
- Remain calm in a fast paced work environment.
- Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in teams and individually.
- Consistently exhibit good judgment, maturity, and stability.
- Be highly mobile and physically able to easily engage in activities like standing for long time periods, walking, bending, stooping, and sitting.
- Must be able to lift and carry young children weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Any additional duties as assigned by management.
- Degree in Early Childhood or Equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of childcare experience preferred.