Jewish Family Service Cincinnati - Part Time
DescriptionPosted September 2020
The Geriatric Social Worker provides care management and supportive services utilizing a Person-Centered approach to clients in the Greater Cincinnati region. Services performed are relevant to the philosophy and mission of the Aging and Caregiver Services Department.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides comprehensive assessments of clients’ emotional, physical, functional, financial and environmental systems in order to establish need and eligibility for financial assistance and supportive services.
- Compliant with agency policies and procedures. Develops knowledge about funding and eligibility guidelines for older adults, and sensitively communicates these policies, eligibility parameters and procedures to clients.
- Knowledgeable of internal and external community resources, including State and Federal benefits. Makes appropriate community and social service referrals effectively linking clients’ needs with resources, and facilitates access and utilization of all available resources.
- Provides home visits to clients on regular basis to conduct comprehensive needs assessments and care management.
- Advocates and communicates with the client support system (family, adult children, caregivers and other significant people) as needed.
- Documents clients’ cases in a timely manner including screenings, assessments, and case notes to ensure accurate record of services for funder reporting and client follow-up.
- Provides crisis intervention.
- Encourages clients to participate in social, pleasant, and physical activities to improve mood and functioning where appropriate.
- Participates in staff meetings and supervision in order to enhance the quality of practice.
- Participates in and promotes ongoing efforts towards Continuous Quality Improvement.
- Master of Social Work preferred
- LSW (Ohio state license) required
- Works effectively independently and within the team. Seeks supervision and consultation when appropriate.