3CDC - Internship
Description3CDC is a private, non-profit, full-service, real estate development and finance organization focused on revitalizing Cincinnati’s urban core in partnership with the City of Cincinnati and the Cincinnati corporate community. 3CDC is currently seeking candidates for a Graphics Design Internship opportunity.
The Graphic Design Intern produces art files for banners, informational and wayfinding signage, websites, print and digital advertisements and social media. Graphic Designer must possess creative design, copy writing and editing skills. Thorough knowledge of composition, layout, graphic design and printing processes. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Must take initiative, work independently and be able to work with a variety of styles and technologies. Must be highly motivated, self-driven and able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. Multimedia experience preferred.
- Design signage, digital assets and other marketing collateral for Events and Development Teams.
- Collaborate with marketing team on creative/conceptual ideas and assist with planning and coordination of marketing campaigns.
- Assist with the design, development, production and implementation of graphics for signage, social media, banners, web, promotional pieces and other communication material for the company.
- Complete the design and preparation of complex graphics and formal layouts that include finished artwork or illustrations. Oversee the evaluation and assessment of materials and graphic services in order to ensure accuracy in the design, color and graphics.
- Accurately and efficiently revise creative files during reviews based on client and internal edits.
- Prepare final files for print production, pre-flight, export and upload files to web-based systems.
- Ensure files are filed properly on server and aide in any organization that may be needed.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new or revised procedures, practices, or policies regarding graphics/art design.
- Deliver strong customer service to sponsors and clients.
- Manage and maintain multiple projects at varying levels of completion.
- Handle multiple projects in parallel and adjust to fluctuating priorities with ease;
- Manage timelines and communication about design projects with internal clients in an effective manner;
- Demonstrate excellent understanding, practice, explanation, and execution of current design trends and digital media;
- Use efficient time-management skills and attention to detail to satisfy projects for multiple projects simultaneously.
Qualifications, Licenses, Credentials and Certifications:
- Currently working to obtain Bachelor's degree in graphic design or marketing and 1-3 years of related experience;
- Excellent writing, editing, communication, organizational, and project-management skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud and MS Office;
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and solve problems in a deadline-drive, collaborative environment.
Skills or specialized knowledge:
- Mac proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Proven knowledge of computer graphics software programs including Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with CMS applications
- Extensive knowledge of layout, design and graphic applications, concepts, and theories
- Experience putting together mechanicals and preparing files for production
- A working knowledge of material types, printers, coatings, and substrates
- Strong project management and decision-making skills to lead a project from start to finish
- Interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all team members
- Experience in print production, file prepress and quality assurance
- Experience with web environments
- Ability to take art direction well and execute branding guidelines in all materials, and in a timely manner
- Exceptional ability to work at a fast pace with attention to detail on multiple projects while delivering extremely high-quality outputs
- A team player mentality with the ability to collaborate in a positive team environment
- The ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality