MICHELMAN - Internship
DescriptionAs a global developer and manufacturer of environmentally friendly advanced materials for industry, Michelman offers solutions for the coatings, printing & packaging, and industrial manufacturing markets. Michelman is offering a paid internship as a Graphic Designer in the Cincinnati office. If you’re interested in a future career in design and want to gain some real-world experience working on a variety of print, digital, and environmental projects, we’d like to hear from you. Start/end dates and work schedule are flexible based on your needs.
- Work under the direction of the User Experience Manager.
- Create and update brochures, sell sheets, and other printed literature.
- Create and update tabletop displays and pop-up banners for trade events.
- Design motion graphics, titles, and other elements for slide decks and videos.
- Design landing pages for responsive, multilingual web sites.
- Design infographics for social media and email.
- Update and expand living styleguide and UI pattern libraries.
- Collaborate with members of a cross-functional marketing team to develop content and campaigns.
- Test sites and apps in various web, tablet, and mobile browsers and report bugs.
- Strong design fundamentals and appreciation of design systems.
- Fluent in Adobe CS/CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) or similar (Affinity Photo, Designer).
- Basic knowledge of web standards and interaction design principles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and switch gears quickly in a fast-paced, corporate environment.
- Familiarity with Sketch, Figma, and other modern UI design tools.
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Experience building a web site and/or working with a content management system.
- Fluency in multiple languages, especially German, French, or Chinese.
- Experience with motion graphics, kinetic type, and video editing.