Cincinnati Museum Center - Part Time
The Robert D. Lindner Family OMNIMAX Theater is consistently rated as one of the top attractions in Cincinnati. This is because our staff and technology are first rate.
We’re looking for customer service experts who can provide an unprecedented guest experience. You’ll engage and interact with guests to ensure the comfort, safety, and enjoyment of their larger than life movie viewing experience. You’ll answer questions and offer information about the theater, museums, and history of Cincinnati Union Terminal.
As a secondary role, OMNIMAX Theater Specialists will operate a virtual reality experience, known generically as “Birdly”, elsewhere in Union Terminal.
Responsibilities and duties:
Relative to the OMNIMAX Theater
- Greeting all guests arriving for the show in an inviting, upbeat fashion and directing guests to seating areas.
- Being proactive in accommodating each guest’s needs.
- Using a ticket scanner to validate tickets and a two way radio for communications.
- Operating a theater console which controls the sound, lights, and special effects for the presentation.
- Using a microphone to make all speeches necessary for welcome, entry, and exit in a polished, professional, upbeat manner.
- Assisting physically and mentally challenged guests with special needs.
- Ushering guests who have difficulty walking or who are in wheelchairs, by offering elevator assistance where applicable.
- Guiding late comers to their seats using a flashlight and assisting patrons who need to leave the theater early.
- Maintaining theater cleanliness.
- Other duties as assigned.
Relative to “Birdly” Virtual Reality Experience
- Selling tickets at the virtual reality location.
- Assisting guests in preparing for the experience.
- Operating the presentation.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent, preferably with some college in communication, hospitality, or electronic media field.
- Experience in public speaking with demonstrated presentation skills.
- Experience in cash handling and operating a point-of-sale system.
- An outgoing personality and strong interpersonal skills is a must for the position.
- Customer services experience a plus. Two years of experience preferred.
- Comfort in learning and operating computers and control boards.
- Knowledge of setting up PA sound systems and video projectors for Power point presentations a plus, but not necessary.
- Must be physically able to navigate stadium style seating, and able to assist in removing patrons in the event of emergencies.
- Our large format dome screen theater can make some feel overwhelmed. Must be able to feel balanced and grounded in this environment.
- Ability to interact with the public and coworkers, in a friendly, enthusiastic, outgoing manner.
- A drive to improve and to have fun. If you have a good time, our guests will too.
- Desire to work as part of a team.
Position is part-time, hourly. Requires evenings and weekends with some weekday availability. Some holidays may be required. Theater is closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Employee Benefits Include:
- Free Employee Premium Museum Membership that allows you to share our museums with your family and or a guest. Our employee museum memberships are also reciprocal for free or discounted admission at many other museums across the USA.
- Free admission to special exhibits.
- Free parking at Cincinnati Museum Center.
- Discounts at food and beverage locations and gift shops.
- Discounts on tours, programs, and events.