Health Collaborative - Part Time
DescriptionPosted June 2020
The HR Coordinator works directly with the Director, HR & Organization Development and Sr. Accountant to ensure that all human resource processes and payroll functions for the organization are carried out in a timely manner to ensure compliance. This role plays a key role in the organization’s human capital management strategy by supporting the human resource functions, including but not limited to recruiting, on-boarding, compensation & benefits strategies and record keeping.
Human Resource functions
- Manages benefits plans, including enrollments, changes, terminations. Ensures proper payroll deductions are processed through the organizations payroll system.
- Works with HR Director and department managers to implement recruitment strategies and interview process. Tracks status of candidates and follows-up as appropriate
- Manages new hire on-boarding, including orientation, new hire paperwork, and initiating drug screens and background checks.
- Processes all aspects of employee information from initial hire process to termination including data entry into payroll, timekeeping and benefits carrier systems to ensure accurate record keeping.
- Participate in various HR workflows (such as but not limited to I-9 forms, EEO tracking, employee benefit program, workers compensation claims, unemployment forms, COBRA administration, etc) by compiling, filing and distributing appropriate electronic and physical paperwork
- Conducts audits of benefits, personnel files or other HR programs and recommends corrective action. Implements corrective actions as directed.
- Conducts benefits testing as required, including but not limited to 403b and cafeteria plan non-discrimination testing.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process, including 360 reviews.
- Ensures all up-to-date legal postings are placed in a designated area within established timeframes.
- Conducts all aspects of semi-monthly payroll process with oversight and input from Director, Accounting and HR Director, including but not limited to reviewing on-call hours, overtime requirements, updating benefits deductions.
- Post payroll journal entry in accounting software.
- Maintain timekeeping system with accurate project codes and pay/bill rates.
- Run monthly project reports and post journal entries to reclassify time to specific projects.
- Researches and implements payroll tax requirements as needed.
- Ensure proper use and protection of information assets by complying with the organization’s information privacy and security policies to protect assets from unauthorized access and by reporting any security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization.
- Performs additional tasks as directed.
- Minimum two years of related payroll experience
- Minimum one year of related human resource experience
- Commitment to payroll best practices and regulations including knowledge of payroll law/regulations.
- Exercises sound judgment and exhibits strong decision-making and problem solving skills
- Displays exceptional interpersonal communication and leadership skills, with particular attention to confidentiality
- Interacts with employees in a positive and helpful manner at all times
- Promotes company policies and procedures by leading by example
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team
- Ability to maintain strong attention to detail in a fast paced environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with a diverse team
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must have excellent multi-tasking skills
- Must be detailed-oriented individual
- Must have excellent written, verbal and presentation communication skills.
- Must have the ability to stay focused in an extremely active/open office environment
- Must be able to sit in front of a computer screen for extended periods of time
- Associates degree in a related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred.