Mayerson JCC - Full Time
The Infant Teacher, working with children 6 weeks to 18 months, will be responsible for providing an environment that is positive, individualized, and cohesive to learning and encourages fun through play and exploration.
More about the role
- Implement curriculum and activities which promote stimulation, learning, and fun.
- Create a warm, fun and nurturing environment.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom.
- Participate in all activities with children.
- Assist with activity planning and preparation of materials and supplies for daily use.
- Ensure compliance with licensing regulations and accreditation standards.
- Update portfolios and provide support when needed.
- Verify that parents are receiving correct information.
- Foster positive communication with parents through in-person conversation and/or email.
- Exhibit good judgment, maturity, and stability.
- Assist in any classroom in order to be in ratio when needed.
- Be highly mobile and physically able to easily engage in activities like standing for long time periods, walking, bending, stooping, and sitting.
- Offer support to the classroom teachers during the lunch time hour.
- Provide customer-oriented service at all times by responding quickly to needs, smiling, being approachable and meeting commitments.
- Support the goals and values of the Mayerson JCC and ECS.
- Remain flexible in rapidly changing environment.
CANDIDATES SHOULD HAVE THE FOLLOWING SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Education and Experience
- A degree in Early Childhood Education or equivalent is a plus.
- Maintain First Aid and CPR Certifications; Communicable Disease Training and Child Abuse Training.
- Keep abreast of current research and practices in early childhood education, and attend related trainings, workshops, and conferences.
- Attend mandatory professional development sessions, teacher meetings and family events.
- Versed with various educational areas such as music, art, science, literacy, mathematics, language development and physical development.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Monday-Friday, Year-Round
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Talent Management & Professional Development programs and learning opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match and additional contribution opportunities
- Complimentary family membership to the Mayerson JCC Fitness Center
- Discounts to the onsite Café, Spa, and other programs and services
- F.S.A, Employer Matched H.S.A, Life Insurance, Voluntary Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 529 College Savings Plan, Legal Shield plan
- Notable Paid Time Off: 15 days vacation, 12 days of sick, in addition to paid Jewish and federal holidays
- Business casual dress
- Vibrant and collaborative work environment
"The successful candidate must be completely vaccinated against COVID-19 (either complete single dose or complete two step dose) by date of hire. Proof of vaccination may be required upon hire”