Hubbard Interactive - Full Time
Hubbard Cincinnati is a full-service media company with legendary radio stations and cutting-edge digital solutions, provided by our award winning full service digital agency 2060 Digital. We serve the Greater Cincinnati community and offer a menu of marketing services including radio, full-service digital, influencer marketing, creative services, custom content, podcasts and events. At Hubbard, we're looking for the best people in local media to help build dominant brands that connect consumers and advertisers to build better businesses and communities. We succeed by always doing the right thing with focus, urgency, and passion.
Provide support for daily operational activities in a Radio Broadcast IT and engineering environment. Support all desktop and laptop users. Support all systems related to the broadcast plant. Work with a team of two. Reports to Director of Engineering
- Identify, analyze and troubleshoot problems or issues related to IT/engineering environments.
- Provides hands on support as needed for Windows and Mac desktop users
- Run maintenance tasks for various file and database servers.
- Maintain schedule of file system backup operations, verify and test backup sets
- Administrate local Active Directory OU. Manage security groups, distribution groups, group policy, user creation, password resets, account unlocks.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair all broadcast radio station equipment, including transmitters, antennas, STL, satellite downlinks, studio equipment, remote equipment, generators and backup power systems, telephone system and related equipment.
- Ability to do component level troubleshooting desired
- Supervise security related needs. Work with ITSS to ensure all security patches and updates applied
- networking troubleshooting for LAN, WLAN and private fixed data links
- Manage PBX phone system.
- Install and maintain broadcast IT systems at studios and transmitter sites, such as Negen/Zetta, Gselector, MrMaster, Marketron, systems and servers
- Assist in planning and development of all aspects of technical facilities including studios, transmitters, telco circuits, STL, computers and data networks
- Create instructional materials and teach operators to use technical equipment and systems
- An associate or bachelor degree, or equivalent experience and/or certifications
- 3-5 years of IT or RF experience
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 to 2019 (Security, file sharing, printing)
- Experience with current Windows and Mac OS related software and hardware
- General networking knowledge. VLAN’s, Trunks, link aggregation, multicast traffic, routers and firewalls, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office is a must (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Understanding of SNMP and modern remote control systems
- Familiarity with high voltage, RF exposure and safety, generators, backup power systems, and HVAC systems
- Experience with modern digital audio transports and platforms including Zetta, VoxPro, Axia Livewire, and stream encoding
- Knowledge of current FCC rules and regulations a plus
- Audio and electronics knowledge, ability to use a soldering station a large plus.
- Projects an appropriate professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to function in a team environment yet be able to work as an individual contributor.
- Can respond to emergencies after hours, and on weekends if required.
- Work on a rotational on-call basis for after hours emergencies
- Ability to exert up to 50 lbs. occasionally and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently; constantly moving objects.