Mayerson JCC - Full Time
WHO WE ARE
The Mayerson JCC connects people so that they can live happier and fuller lives, creating a more vibrant Jewish community. The JCC helps to foster social connections between its members and guests alike, bringing people together through a wide variety of programs and events. With an expansive fitness center, highly regarded early childhood school and senior center, arts and cultural events offered throughout the year, and classes for every age, the JCC connects, enriches, and inspires over 27,000 visitors per month. The JCC welcomes and engages everyone, regardless of race, religion, or ability.
The Café and Prep Cook Position is responsible for assisting the Food Production Manager and JCafe Manager in running the day-to-day operations of the Main Kitchen and the JCafe. Other duties may include support in senior department, ECS, camp, external events, catering, and heat and serve cooking. This position will follow all dietary laws to ensure that the JCC maintains a VAAD supervised kosher kitchen and facility as well as all health and safety laws related to fire and public health.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Works in all areas of day-to-day operation of the Food Services Department’s kitchen including food prep for the J Café (as needed).
- Keep areas of main kitchens clean and organized at all times
- Adhere to the Mayerson Jewish Community Center’s quality expectations in preparing and serving food.
- Demonstrates an excellent and professional customer service demeanor at all times.
- Follows up with internal and external customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Communicates all pertinent information and customer feedback to The Food Production Manager and/or the JCafe Manager in a timely fashion
- Must be willing to accept direction and constructive criticism
- Follows all food safety, sanitation, and other health code guidelines
- Mixing, baking and forming pizza dough.
- Adheres to all recipes and presentation standards set by supervisor. Follows appropriate written recipes.
- Any additional duties as assigned by management
- Ability to become serve safe certified required
- The employee is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
- Ability to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Effective problem solving skills
- Effective team player
- The ability to multi task is critical.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the above position.
"The successful candidate must show proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 (either complete single dose or complete two step dose) by date of hire.”
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- Robust Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Talent Management & Professional Development programs and learning opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) program with company match and additional contribution opportunities
- Complimentary family membership to the Mayerson JCC Fitness Center
- Discounts to the onsite Café, Spa, and other programs and services
- F.S.A, Employer Matched H.S.A, Life Insurance, Voluntary Short-Term/Long-Term Disability Insurance, 529 College Savings Plan, Legal Shield plan
- Notable Paid Time Off: 15 days vacation, 12 days of sick, in addition to paid Jewish and federal holidays
- Business casual dress
- Vibrant and collaborative work environment