Kroger - Full Time
DescriptionCreate an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist department manager in achieving sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor and control all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products, assist them with issues and offer samples of items within the deli/bakery/bistro.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products to ensure customers receive the product they want and need.
- Prepare and provide deli/bakery/bistro items per customer requests in the correct portion size or as close as possible to the amount ordered in order to prevent shrink by using proper bakery equipment.
- Possess the ability to properly use all kitchen equipment in deli/bakery/bistro such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, ovens, fryer, steamer, and stove according to company guidelines.
- Prepare foods according to the food temperature logs and follow cooking instructions.
- Prepare and display food to Company standards (recipes), mix, dress, season, and garnish salads using variety of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness, review sell by dates and take appropriate action.
- Label, stock, and inventory department merchandise, make note of any discrepancies in inventory.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Understand the store's layout and be able to locate products when requested by customer.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads and inform customers of specials.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventative maintenance by properly inspecting equipment notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
RequirementsMinimum Position Qualifications:
- Must be 18 or older
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Must have basic cooking knowledge
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, subtraction)
- Possess adequate knife handling skills and speed
- Knowledge of HACCP logs.
- Food service
- Retail experience