First Group America - Full Time
DescriptionJob Purpose: To oversee FirstGroup America’s liability claim portfolio, particularly high exposure claims. Diligently oversee liability and damage investigations, as well as third-party administrator’s (TPA) claim practices. This position will oversee claims representatives’ caseloads and ensure proper procedures are followed. The Liability Manager role is instrumental in ensuring that processes move forward in a timely manner and that a thorough investigation is conducted. The Liability Manager interfaces with all operating divisions in both pre-loss safety efforts and post-loss cost mitigation and prevention measures. The role will also aid the TPA (third party administrator) in securing supporting documentation for the subrogation claims and enhance recovery.
- Proper use and direction of TPA personnel and oversight of their claims management practices and approved vendors.
- Document activities on all pending cases in the RIMS system.
- Ensure that all reporting requirements are met by the file handler.
- Track and generate TPA reports for a variety of metrics such as lag time, pending per adjuster, etc.
- Give direction to the claim handler to ensure that the file quality meets or exceeds 90%.
- Bring any quality or handling issues to the attention of the claim management staff.
- Assist locations in submitting information necessary to take liability or subrogation claims forward.
- Train locations concerning the necessary documents needed regarding liability or subrogation claim handling.
- Maintain a record of all files assigned by the Sr. Corp Claim Director.
- Advise Sr. Corporate Claim Director of any vendor concerns.
- Decide on amount of financial exposure a given claim case represents to the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- Advanced Degree preferred
- 5+ years in Liability Claims
- TPA or Carrier Claims experience a plus
- Adjuster’s License and CPCU preferred
- Experience with Liability Investigation Techniques
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Results-driven, action-oriented and self-motivated mindset
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook