Cincinnati Hebrew Day School - Full Time
We are looking to employ a Maintenance Supervisor with an outstanding knowledge of building trades, cleaning procedures and maintenance. A Maintenance Supervisor is expected to have superior organizational and time management skills. To ensure success, the Maintenance Supervisor should display strong problem solving and decision-making skills with a solid understanding of building maintenance, repairs, refurbishments, cleaning and managing staff.
- Inspect sites regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules.
- Conduct preventative maintenance work and repairs of a non-major scope.
- Contact the appropriate contractors for major repairs and ensure that work is completed on time.
- Maintain all inventory and equipment, and ensure proper storage.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and practices on site and oversee regulatory inspections.
- Conduct follow-ups on all maintenance and repair work.
- Assist in maintaining seasonal grounds work (snow, lawn).
- Assist in building and grounds security by locking all doors and gates after use and at end of day.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of building trades, repairs, refurbishments, cleaning and managing staff.
- 2 years of experience as a Maintenance Supervisor.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring moderate physical strength at a brisk pace.
- Ability to read basic operating instructions.
- Ability to cooperate with other staff members.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment (particularly COVID-19 related).
- Dependability and punctuality required.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Ability to respond to emergencies in support of students and school operations.