National Underground Freedom Center - Full Time
The Marketing & Communications Manager is responsible for supporting the strategic development and execution of marketing, communication and promotional campaigns. The manager will work with internal and external collaborators to create and execute marketing strategies that drive revenue and reputation goals.
The primary objective of this role is to build on and protect the brand reputation while ensuring all marketing and communications efforts are optimized and aligned to the strategic direction of the institution. The manger will work within the department budget and leverage available digital, print, social, web and media resources to increase awareness and drive revenue streams, including ticket and Membership sales.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- 2-5 years’ experience in marketing, communications or PR
- 4-year degree from accredited college or university; degrees in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, History preferred
- Excellent storyteller with a focus on pinpointing and delivering key messages
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience working with advertisers and producing advertising copy; digital marketing experience preferred
- Proficient in all social media platforms, particularly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
- Effective collaborator with a commitment to institutional success by working across departments to achieve goals
- High sense of urgency and adept at working in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Personal commitment to accountability, taking great pride in your work
- Strong commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Nonprofit or museum experience a plus