Ish - Internship
Founded as a biennial arts and culture festival, ish brings artists and communities together to explore Jewish and Israeli cultural traditions through the arts. ish explores the broad spectrum of what it means to be Jewish and Israeli, and presents a dynamic selection of artists, works of art, food, music and cultural activities, from traditional to contemporary, religious to secular, Jewish to non-Jewish. By highlighting diverse Jewish & Israeli voices, identities, traditions, and arts disciplines, ish brings authenticity to the representation and complexity of the Jewish & Israeli experience, and responds to Cincinnati’s changing Jewish demographic.
Learn more at ishfestival.org.
About the Internship:
- Jan 15 - May 15 (about 8 months) with the possibility to extend based on organizational need
- 5-10 hours per week all work will be remote with very flexible hours
- Starting at $1,000 for the internship
- To be adjusted based on capacity, skill, deliverables, and previous experience
- Reports to the Executive & Artistic Director, works collaboratively with the Program & Development Manager
- Monitoring ish ’s social media accounts including responding to comments, regularly updating stories, and sharing events.
- Designing & updating audiences for ish ’s newsletter, the Chatimah , on MailChimp
- Creating marketing and promotional materials including graphic design work
- Regularly meeting with supervisor & staff to discuss upcoming events and strategy
- You bring experience (or extensive skills) in social media, especially Instagram & Facebook
- You are experienced in using Canva, Adobe, or similar design software to create designed flyers and other marketing materials
- You have experience using Mailchimp or another CRM for email communications
- You have a deep understanding and appreciation for intersectional programming and community engagement
- You have some knowledge of the Cincinnati arts & culture and/or Jewish community or willingness to learn!
- You bring a common sense, good judgement, and sense of humor when representing our public accounts on social media