Cincinnati Museum Center - Seasonal
The Museum Camp Instructor is responsible for teaching and supervising campers throughout the camp day through the use of classroom management skills to ensure that campers stay safe and have a fun camp experience.
- Direct supervision of campers throughout the camp day including lunch time and recess at Union Terminal and at offsite locations.
- Lead educational programs and activities for campers.. Oversee camper safety by adhering to Cincinnati Museum Center’s (CMC) policies. Reinforcing campers and volunteers follow safety standards.
- Facilitate morning check-in. Receive paperwork from parents, gather information about campers’ medical conditions, answer questions about camp activities, etc. Keep all campers’ medical conditions in mind during activities.
- Assist with daily drop-off and pick-up procedures.
- Work with Youth and Adult Volunteers assisting with the camp day.
- Attend all museum camp training sessions.
Education and Experience:
- Must have High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience working with children and/or families.
- Experience presenting lesson plans or planned programs to children or families preferred.
- Experience with camps preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess an outgoing and enthusiastic personality and interact well with children.
- Comfortability working with multiple age groups.
- Must have strong leadership and people skills.
- Certified in First Aid/CPR or willing to become certified.
- Must have good communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to work with a diverse workforce.
- Must have the ability to work at multiple locations and access to reliable transportation.
- Be able to prioritize in stressful situations.
- Communicate clearly as part of a team.
- Work week may be 0 – 40 hours and follows Museum Camps schedules. The week runs Monday-Friday between the hours of 8am – 5pm. Weekends are not required.
- Museum Camp Instructors must have availability when Museum Camps are taking place unless prior approval has been ascertained before camps. This is from May 24 2021- August 6 2021
- Must be able to move about the facility while supervising campers and/or moving program materials.
- Must presenting programs, assist campers, or organize materials for long periods of time.