Cincinnati Museum Center - Internship
Spring Museum Camps Interns will work at Museum Camps throughout the spring and will assist the Manager of Museum Camps with adapting and writing new curriculum for summer 2021 camps. They will be responsible for writing lesson plans for a variety of subjects from science to natural history. They will also assist in preparing and organizing program materials and assembling kits for campers. Museum Camps offer day camps onsite at Union Terminal and offsite at multiple satellite locations. Museum Camps offer camps during summer with a variety of themes and activities ranging from but not limited to LEGO Engineering, Dino Discovery and STEM based camps. Grade bands range from Kindergarten to 8th grade.
The ideal candidate shares our vision for the future, demonstrates epic standards and values our missions, and has:
- Experience writing and/or teaching education programs.
- Experience working with children in an informal or formal education setting.
- Experience working in day camps
- Write and adapt curriculum for Museum Camps for camps for grades K-8th grade.
- Prepare and organize materials and supplies for Museum Camps. Assist on shopping trips for supplies when necessary.
- Attend all Museum Camps training sessions.
- Other duties as assigned
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Possess High School Diploma.
- A degree, or working towards a degree in education, archaeology, paleontology, history, art, theatre, chemistry or related field preferred.
- Must possess an outgoing personality and interact with children well.
- Must be comfortable with organizing digital files
- Must have strong leadership skills.
- Must pass a background check