Cincinnati Museum Center - Internship
Cincinnati Museum Center’s (CMC) Learning Team reflects three audiences of focus: Community Engagement & Programs, School & Teacher Partnerships, and Museum Experience.
The Museum Experience and School & Teacher Partnerships teams help CMC reach mission-based goals through strong customer service, program management and presentation of programs designed for our diverse audience in our museum, schools, and community events.
The Museum Experience and School & Teacher Partnerships Intern will ensure the following:
Program Delivery, Development, and Communication (90%):
- Ensure that all programs fulfill their brand promise for being credible, insightful, inspiring, and fun experiences across the lifelong spectrum of learning.*
- Represent CMC with credibility, curiosity, and a sense of radical welcome. Model and uphold the highest standards of customer service and inclusion, so that all CMC guests feel welcome and engaged. *
- Develop and/or deliver a suite of Programs-on-Wheels programs that are multi-disciplinary classroom-based experiences in schools and the community.*
- Develop and/or deliver a suite of programs that are multi-disciplinary and support experiences in Cincinnati History Museum (CHM), the Duke Energy Children’s Museum (DECM), and the Museum of Natural History & Science (MNHS). *
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent work experience.
- Experience presenting programs, interest in teaching, or performing arts is welcomed but isn’t necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivated and proactive; curious and able to learn new information quickly.
- Ability to remain calm and react in a balanced manner in times of stress.
- Manage time to meet organizational, departmental, and personal deadlines
- Flexible and adaptable to change; strong team player
- Able to effectively communicate with staff, community partners, and guests of all ages and abilities in an understandable and pleasant manner; able to speak to large and small groups of people from a variety of racial, cultural, ethnic, gender, and generational backgrounds with sensitivity and active listening.
- Passion for working with guests; able to coach guests to explore their questions and make their own discoveries; comfort with operational details and ensuring safety through procedures.
- Able to effectively communicate with guests of all ages and abilities through oral and written communications in an understandable and pleasant manner; able to learn and explain scientific and/or historical concepts in ways that are easy for guests and to understand.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to safety.