National Underground Freedom Center - Full Time
Responsible for managing the daily operation of the Freedom Store including scheduling, training, supervision, purchasing, and merchandising. Source and procure all merchandise. Handle all product research development and design for the store.
- Supervise all staff and volunteers within the store
- Source and purchase inventory for the store
- Ensure daily cash handling procedures are enforced
- Manage cataloging system for inventory
- Keep up to date with pricing, sale items, and entering new items in inventory system
- Develop and implement pricing schedule
- Maintains proper onsite inventory storage and controls
- Coordinates mail order requests
- Submit invoices in a timely manner and maintain files
- Develop and implement marketing plan to increase revenue for the store
- Schedule, oversee, and implement quarterly inventory
- Other duties as requested or assigned
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2 – 4 years demonstrated retail management experience.
- Ordering and inventory experience necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have excellent communication and customer service skills including conflict-resolution, interfacing with diverse internal and external audiences.
- Ability to follow direction, remain flexible, maintain composure and communicate effectively and professionally in fast-paced situations or during periods of change.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office suite.
- Strong self- motivation, initiative, and the ability to work both independently and as a team member.
- Must be able to lift, sit, stand, and physically move about the facility.