WLWT Hearst Television - Full Time
|WLWT-TV, the Hearst-owned NBC affiliate in Cincinnati, Ohio has an opening for a strong, take-charge news Producer who knows how to create memorable newscasts. This rare opening is for a top-rated main newscast, requiring an experienced producer who knows how to create memorable shows and thrives in breaking news situations.
The ideal candidate must be a creative thinker and have a track record of aggressive coverage of major news and severe weather, with the ability to make decisions and communicate the plan in a clear, concise manner. Exceptional writing and decision-making skills are required.
The ideal candidate should be proficient in the use of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms to post and find stories, track breaking news and connect with viewers. Candidates must be calm under pressure.
- Selecting, researching and writing content for live newscasts
- Working with and guiding reporters and photographers in story production
- Communicating, coordinating and executing creative vision with the team of anchors, reporters, meteorologists, photographers, editors and production staff
- The ability to remain calm under pressure and deal with the stresses and pressures of time-sensitive newscast production
- Ability to multi-task and coordinate several crews and responsibilities simultaneously
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar and copy-editing skills
- An ability to summarize information into easy-to-understand components
- Creative presentation style and ability to showcase all resources and elements
- Must be well-versed in local and national news stories
- Unwavering journalistic integrity and ethical standards
- Able to learn how to post stories to the station’s digital and social media platform
- Knowledge of ENPS is a plus
- Must be able to work holidays, shifts that include nights, weekends and/or overnights on occasion, and have availability during breaking news
- College degree in broadcast journalism, broadcast news, or related field preferred
- Military training from Defense Information School (DINFOS) with associated producing experience will be considered