David J Joseph - Internship
Everyone wants to work with people they respect. Even better if you can work with a company you respect. We have both at The David J. Joseph Company, and a 135+ year track record on operating an ethical business with a positive work culture. It may sound cliché, but it’s true. We’re a big, global company that still feels small. Working at the David J. Joseph Company is unique. We offer employment in diverse settings such as traditional corporate headquarters, dynamic sales locations, and scrap recycling facilities. This workplace diversity gives our employees the variety they crave and the exposure to a global business. A career at The David J. Joseph Company is ideal for self-starters seeking to make an impact on our company and their careers. The David J. Joseph Company (DJJ), founded in 1885, is a world leader in scrap metal recycling & trading. With over 80+ locations, the Joseph Company is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Nucor Corporation (NUE) a Fortune 200 Company.
- Develop new business.
- Grow existing relationships with customers (both suppliers and consumers) to further strengthen relationships and create business opportunities.
- Trade commodities (nonferrous metals).
- Interact with customers regarding supply chain management, special payment terms and contract changes and create business opportunities to effect strong customer relations and profitability for the Company.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in a Business discipline.
- Exceptional communication skills
- Able to work autonomously and as a member of the team.
- Prior sales and/or customer service experience a plus.