DHL - Full Time
We currently have a need for an Operations Supervisor at our CVG Airport facility in Erlanger, Kentucky. This 3rd shift position will be responsible for establishing and executing the policies and procedures necessary to manage the physical manipulation of cargo within, into, and out of the Hub. This position will also ensure that the entire process meets customer and internal requirements and is completed in an organized, efficient and safe manner.
- Manages and coordinates Hub operational activities to ensure the safe, timely and cost effective processing of shipments.
- Implements and directs quality control for all operational areas.
- Directs and ensures compliance with established DHL corporate, hub, gateway or terminal warehouse Hub/Gateway, and airline policies, procedures and standards in accordance with government regulations.
- Establishes and maintains a record keeping system for all Hub operations regarding volume, damages, safety incidents, productivity, etc.
- Communicates with some or all of the following: systems operations control, flight control, maintenance control, facilities maintenance, sort, ramp, airport police, fire and rescue, and US customs, and agriculture to ensure efficient and safe operation of the Hub.
- Oversees the loading and unloading of any of the following: trucks, trailers, air containers, or airline pallets.
- Supervises the identification and segregation of non-conforming and dangerous goods cargo and informs the applicable department according to proper processes and procedures.
- Supervises 15-25 subordinates; responsible for hiring, coaching, training, and developing staff.
- Ability to work 3rd shift.
- 2 years experience in logistics, transportation, warehouse or industry related field preferred
- BS/BA (preferred) with previous supervisory experience
- Advanced Level Skills in MS Word and Excel
- Strong communication (oral and written) skills
- Positions available for 3rd shift, candidates should have some flexibility
- Minimum 1 (one) year of supervisory experience preferred