Health Collaborative - Full Time
DescriptionThe Practice Facilitator reports to the Senior Manager of Practice Transformation & User Experience and is responsible for the practical delivery of process improvement methodologies to primary care practice teams. This position requires the ability and expertise to identify opportunities for improvement. facilitate QI methods virtually and in-person, identify and connect best practices and deficits, as well as teach, coach and monitor progress aligned to various contracts and initiatives. The position requires the ability to work with various data sets to interpret and analyze clinical quality outcomes, review data collection processes for standardization and optimization, and promote data efficacy for improvement at the practice level. This position requires the ability to function as a member of a team of practice facilitators, collaborating and contributing to overarching project deliverables.
- Develop content for and provide regular (weekly, monthly, quarterly) virtual and in-person coaching to primary care practices participating in various quality initiatives such as Comprehensive Primary Care Plus (CPC+).
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with health care leaders and clinical teams.
- Participate as a CPC+ team member providing expertise in the areas of practice coaching, use of data, practice transformation, and quality improvement.
- Collaborate to develop and deliver small and large scale data-driven virtual and in-person learning events
- Contribute to and engage with the regional and national project learning communities
- Participate actively in team and organizational meetings
- Maintain continuous awareness of the multi-faceted health plan and primary care practice landscape and understand the impact as it relates to practice coaching and transformation
- Analyze, visualize, and interpret various data sets, including clinical, claims, process, and outcomes measures to identify best practices, trends, variations, and successes
- Assist practices in collecting, tracking, trending data from their internal environment for quality improvement and reporting purposes
- Complies with established departmental policies, procedures and objectives.
- Ensure proper use and protection of information assets by complying with the organization’s information privacy and security policies to protect assets from unauthorized access and by reporting any security events or potential events or other security risks to the organization
- Experience working in a primary care practice as a member of a clinical care team strongly preferred
- Experience/knowledge of hospital/healthcare delivery systems including electronic medical/health records,
- Experience with chronic disease management and behavioral health preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with various quality and process improvement methodologies, such as IHI Model for Improvement, LEAN, and Six Sigma, especially as applied in the healthcare setting
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with physicians, administration, and staff.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and project management skills also required.
- Experience collecting and analyzing key quality indicators with corresponding deployment of interventions to improve processes and outcomes
- Ability to convene meetings and training sessions for partner practices
- Ability to deliver presentations virtually and in-person
- Ability to produce periodic reports as required by the project
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; Skills with virtual platforms including Zoom and WebEx.
- Knowledge of clinical and claims performance data and survey sets e.g. HEDIS, NQF, NCQA, CAHPS
- Strong skills in project planning, oral and written communication and presentation
- Ability to interpret and apply information from multiple sources in responding to business questions
- Ability to work independently and in small work groups with staff members and managers
- Ability to generate innovative ideas to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to travel by car within Ohio, approximately 20% of the time
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time in meetings and in front of a computer screen
- Bachelor’s degree and certification in health related field
- Master’s Degree in Healthcare related field preferred.