Ohr Torah Cincinnati - Part Time
DescriptionWHO ARE WE?:
Ohr Torah Cincinnati (OTC) in Cincinnati, Ohio is a Jewish independent school that serves toddlers through eighth grade. Ohr Torah Cincinnati’s mission is to empower and inspire Jewish children to live fulfilling and joyful lives and to develop into diligent, competent life-long learners and leaders, and who make positive and meaningful contributions to the world.
Ohr Torah in Cincinnati is looking for creative, innovative, passionate, problem-solver to join our team as a part time Reading Specialist. Our Reading Specialist plays a critical role in ensuring that all of our children can develop strong reading, writing and spelling skills, allowing all to fully thrive at OTC. The Reading Specialist will provide support to our elementary students to help advance their reading level and help them move closer to meeting their grade level expectations. This specialist should be able to speak to their successes working with children who have not yet learned to read or are reading below level, and should be able to explain strategies and curriculum they have successfully used.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Creating Reading improvement and monitoring plans for students reading below level in grades 1-4.
- Assist teachers with RTI for students who are struggling to read at applicable grade level
- Work with students who have Reading Improvement Monitoring Plans either one-on-one in groups to bring students up to grade applicable grade level
- Work on implementing services and reporting data on the Reading Improvement and Monitoring Plans
- Administer assessments to student along with on-going progress monitoring (MAP, DIBELS)
- Work with teachers & students to raise student achievement scores
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field, 4 or more years experience providing learning support in reading;
- Knowledge of child growth and development and familiarity with the variety of ways that students may struggle with reading or writing;
- Facility in utilizing assessment tools effectively evaluate a student’s reading and spelling abilities, and to analyze those results to prescribe goals and actions for learning support intervention