Adath Israel - Part Time
DescriptionAre you an innovative and enthusiastic educator? Are you a lifelong teacher and learner who strives to evolve and improve your craft? Do you enjoy incorporating technology, hands-on activities, and varied teaching modalities in your lessons? If this sounds like you, please apply. We’d love to hear from you!
Adath Israel Congregation, an egalitarian, Conservative congregation affiliated with the United Synagogue of Conservative Judaism, is seeking a part time warm and creative religious school teacher for the 2021-22 Academic year. Teachers should have experience teaching Hebrew, and proficient knowledge and ability to teach mitzvot, Torah, history, and holidays using experiential and engaging classroom techniques.
Teachers must be comfortable with using basic technology.
- Create an inclusive and welcoming classroom community.
- Develop and execute lesson plans based on the grade’s core curriculum.
- Develop and execute an elective based on your area of expertise or passion that’s appropriate for students in grades 3 - 7.
- Supervise students during Tefillah, music, Tribes program, snack, and dismissal.
- Teach in person on Sunday mornings.
- Teach in person on Wednesday evenings (potential remote component on this day).
- Embrace and embody the values of the Adath Israel Jarson Education Center.
- Experience teaching Hebrew, mitzvot, Torah, history, holidays and Tefillah using experiential and engaging classroom techniques.
- Comfort with technology (Gmail Suite, Smart Boards).
- Knowledge of ShalomLearning and/or Schoology a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Preferred).
- Some teaching experience required.
- Wednesdays from 4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Sundays from 8:45 am - 12:00 pm
- (we expect teachers to arrive 15 minutes before classes start.)