Eccrine Systems, Inc. - Full Time/Part Time
DescriptionEccrine Systems is a Cincinnati-based biotech start-up developing non-invasive, electronic wearable systems that measure and transmit real-time data about human sweat. The ability to monitor sweat biomarkers with chronological accuracy is the key to attaining market-enabling improvements in the predictive value of non-invasive wearables data - across a wide spectrum of applications for medicine, industry, and sport.
Position: Part-time or Full-Time*.
Seeking highly motivated individuals to join our Research and Development Team as an Intern/Co-Op. This individual will participate in daily R&D activities to support the development and deployment of cutting-edge technologies for the processing and analysis of eccrine sweat.
Reports to Lead Research Scientist.
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
- Independently design and conduct experiments that may include:
- Prepare test solutions, reagents, analytical standards with accuracy and precision.
- Calibrate and maintain lab equipment.
- Device characterization and testing.
- Maintain and update documentation.
- Interactions with human subjects.
- Collaborate with scientists and engineering in tasks/processes related to the development of key technologies which may include:
- Support the preparation and data collection for large experiments.
- Communicate results or designs to others in the organization.
RequirementsPreferred Qualifications and Skills:
- Two years of coursework and enrollment in an accredited bachelor’s degree program. We have had much success with students from Chemistry and Biology programs.
- Passionate desire to work at the forefront of science and technology.
- Ability to follow standard test methods, component specifications, and laboratory SOPs.
- Experience with design or data plotting/processing software preferred.
- Must possess the ability to balance and execute on multiple tasks in time-sensitive situations, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), and organizational skills.