Camp Livingston - Full Time
Camp Livingston is a residential summer camp in Bennington, IN that serves 300 campers, ages 7-18, and employs over 60 staff, 18 and older. Camp Livingston has provided life changing summers and the opportunity for growth for children and young adults since 1920.
We are seeking a highly motivated and team focused individual to join our team as the Ropes Director. Ideally, this person would have previous experience in climbing, including climbing walls, high ropes courses, and experience with low ropes team building programming.
Dates of employment are May 31-August 6, with 6 days off throughout the summer. The Ropes Director will report directly to the Director of Operations and is a member of the summer management team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the full summer program taking place at the camp ropes courses, both high and low.
- Plan and execute the day-to-day activities for each group, adjusting offerings to fit the age and skill demographic of participants.
- Create program plans for cabin rotations and elective programming (including supplies needed) and submit plans to Programming team at least 5 days in advance of any activity.
- Perform daily checks on Ropes equipment and facilities, assuring the highest level of safety.
- Clean and organize all area supplies and equipment regularly.
- Inventory all supplies at the start and end of each session; complete supply requests for anything needed in a timely manner.
- Create the schedule for ropes specialist counselors, including coordinating hours off and assuring the ropes course is staffed appropriately for each activity period.
- Communicate schedule changes due to weather or unforeseen circumstances to Programming team and specialists as soon as possible.
- Complete regular Senior Staff duties.
- Participate in assigned unit programming.
- Any other duties as deemed necessary by supervisor or Camp Executive Director.
- Must adhere to all other code of conduct as outlined in the staff handbook.
- At least 21 years of age.
- Previous experience with climbing and ropes courses preferred but not required.
- Highly organized, punctual and flexible.
- High degree of self-motivation and capable of working independently, while at the same time possess the skills needed to be a team player and contribute to collaborative projects.
- Past attendance or employment at summer camp preferred but not required.
- Management experience preferred but not required.
- Ability to lift supplies and equipment and remain outdoors for the majority of the day.
- Must attend and pass advanced training at Camp within employment dates.
- Salary dependent upon level of education and experience.
- Room and board included in summer position.