Adath Israel - Full Time
DescriptionAdath Israel Congregation, a Conservative synagogue in Cincinnati, is seeking a friendly, motivated, and organized Religious School Administrative Assistant (RSAA) to join the school team. At Adath Israel's Religious School the staff, teachers and students are inspiring Jewish identities together and making a difference in student's lives.
The RSAA is an integral part of the school team, supporting the director, staff, parents, and students and contributing to the positive work and school culture that exists.
Reporting directly to the Director of Education & Ritual, the RSAA will serve as one of the first levels of contact in the school and youth departments.
The RSAA will manage an efficiently run office while assisting in day-to-day administrative tasks.
Applicant must have a friendly disposition, excellent people and organizational skills, and a great work ethic. They should have the ability to take initiative, work with a variety of people, multi-task, and maintain confidentiality.
They must feel comfortable working in a Jewish setting, but no prior knowledge of Judaism is necessary.
Key responsibilities are administration and office management and include:
- Provide direct support for the school & the Director of Education & Ritual including correspondence, mailings, ordering and clerical duties
- Provide support to the Youth and Family Program Department & Coordinator
- Enter, organize and maintain school data
- Greet visitors, teachers, parents and students and maintain a warm, friendly and welcoming community
- Maintain clean and organized school office environment, manage office equipment and supplies
- Prepare the school and youth department newsletter (template provided)
- Maintain school website (how to guide and training provided)
- Team player that is highly organized, efficient, flexible and ability to multitask
- Understanding of privacy and discretionary practices
- Perform other duties as needed to maintain the school program and culture, support Director of Education and Ritual, youth department, teachers and students as assigned by the Director of Education
- Must be available to work Sundays during the school year (late August -May).
- Tech savvy with proficiency in Microsoft office (word, excel, PowerPoint) and willingness to learn other software
- Three+ years of experience in an administrative office position
- Minimum High School Diploma, College Degree or Certificate Preferred