Cincinnati Museum Center - Part Time
Museum Experience Specialist ensure that museum gallery programs are: (1) Are on Mission; (2) Engage repeat visitors and attract new visitors. (3) Allow for experimentation with new methods and learn from previous work, when appropriate; (4) Are accessible, inclusive; (5) Build upon and are responsive to community partnerships; and (6) Make effective use of resources (budget, time, collections, relationships).
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Represent Cincinnati Museum Center with credibility, curiosity, and a sense of radical welcome.
- Encourage moments of discovery and support the play process by stimulating imagination, creativity, and critical thinking in children and families in the Cincinnati History Museum, Duke Energy Children’s Museum, and the Museum of Natural History and Science.
- Work collaboratively with other team members.
- Provide program delivery support for birthdays, overnights, and scout programs Assist with other programs as needed.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be self-motivated and proactive.
- Comfortable addressing large and small groups.
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, community partners, and guests.
- Previous experience in customer service, non-traditional education settings, or early childhood education a plus.
Qualifications and Experience:
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Access to reliable transportation; valid drivers’ license.
- Weekend and evening hours, some holidays required.
- Majority of time is spent on the museum floor facilitating educational programs.
- Intermittent sitting and standing, keyboard usage, occasional bending, stooping, lifting, and typing.
- Able to move tables, chairs, boxes, carts, and other equipment weighing up to 20 lbs.